Welcome to Sunset Junior High's student registration page. Please click the + next to the statement that best fits your student's situation to get started.
If you aren't sure whether you live in Sunset Junior High's boundaries, click on the following link to be directed to Davis School District's Junior High boundaries map. Sunset Junior High is the far north boundary in light blue. It consists of Sunset, South Weber, and parts of Clinton.
- My student is new to the boundaries of Sunset Junior High this year. (They did not attend a Davis School District school that feeds into Sunset Junior High last year.)
- My student lived in the boundaries of Sunset Junior High last year, but didn't fill out a course request.
- My student filled out a course request for Sunset Junior High last year.
- I'm not sure which situation my student is in.
School Apparel – Show your Sundevil pride by wearing some school apparel. Click on the link to order your school spirit shirt. https://dsdgive.net/event/1249
Bus Information – To see if a student qualifies for school busing, please go to the student’s my.DSD account and follow the path below:
➔Bus Transportation Info
This information may not be available from the District until a few days before school starts. Only students who are within the busing boundaries will be allowed to ride the bus.
Donations - Below are 2 easy ways to generate donations for Sunset Jr. High, at places you regularly shop.
• Go to https://www.smithsfoodanddrug.com/signin?redirectUrl=/account/update
• Sign in, or create an account
• Once you are signed in, click on Inspiring Donations on the left side of the page
• Click in the search box for Find an Organization
• Type Sunset Jr. and hit enter or click on Search
• Click on Enroll under Sunset Jr. High School
• You are done! A small portion of your purchases at Smith’s will be donated to Sunset Jr. High school
• Go to smile.amazon.com
• Search and select “PTA Utah Congress Sunset Jr PTSA” as the organization you are supporting
• Bookmark smile.amazon.com, and make purchases through this link. A portion of every purchase will benefit Sunset Jr. High School.
AmazonSmile customers can now support Sunset Junior High in the Amazon shopping app on iOS and Android mobile phones! Simply follow these instructions to turn on AmazonSmile and start generating donations.
1. Open the Amazon Shopping app on your device
2. Go into the main menu of the Amazon Shopping app and tap 'Settings'
3. Tap ‘AmazonSmile' and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process
Lockers – We will not be using lockers this year. Backpacks will be allowed in classrooms.
PTA Membership/Volunteering - Please consider signing up as a member of the Sunset Junior High School PTA ($6). The PTA promotes the welfare of students and the funds are used to support programs that will help that purpose. Some of the programs supported by the PTA include, Reflections Contest, Red and White Ribbon Week, etc.
Summer Office Hours: Monday - Friday 7:30 A.M. - 3:00 P.M.
School Calendar - Be sure to visit the Sunset Junior High School Calendar found on the school’s homepage for important dates and times of events. https://sunsetjr.davis.k12.ut.us/parents-students/school-calendar
New Student Enrollment – Tuesday, August 3rd and Wednesday, August 4th from 8:00 A.M. — 2:00 P.M. by
appointment only. This is for students who are new to our school boundaries or coming from a charter, online, or a school out of the district and have not already met with the counselors or turned in their paperwork. Please call the office to schedule an appointment 801-402-6700.
Sundevil Day - Will be Monday, August 9th from 9:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M. Parents are invited to schedule an appointment through my.DSD for their 7th graders or interested students, to walk through and find their classrooms. Staff will be available to answer any questions. Be sure to bring your class schedule. School Dress Required. More information to come.
Immunizations – For your convenience, CNS will provide 7th grade immunizations during Sundevil Day from 9:00 A.M. - 12:00 P.M. Covid shots will not be offered. Please bring insurance information and immunization records. Information on immunizations can be found here: Immunization Requirements for 2021-2022
Schedule Change Appointments - Tuesday, August 10th and Wednesday, August 11th by completing a
Schedule Change Form listed above or by scheduling an appointment beginning August 7th.
New to Sunset Jr. Meeting (optional) - Will be Thursday, August 19th 5:30 P.M. - 6:00 P.M. Will review tools and resources to help your student be successful.
Back to School Night – Back to School Night will be Thursday, August 19th 6:00 P.M. – 7:30 P.M. Open house style.
First Day of School - School will begin Monday, August 23rd, with the tardy bell ringing at 8:10 am. School will end at 2:55 P.M.