I am thrilled to be returning for my fifth year as Principal of Sunset Junior High School and to be serving the communities of Sunset, Clinton, and South Weber!
At Sunset Junior High School, our mission is to create the positive conditions that support success for everyone – students, teachers, staff, and parents. Our goal is that we provide every student with the highest quality of education in a safe and supportive learning environment. We are firm believers that collaboration amongst teachers and staff, with parents and students, is essential to helping each student achieve his/her very best – SJH is a place where every student is valued and worthy of our best efforts.
We encourage our Sunset Sundevils to make the choice to “Be Respectful, and Responsible” when it comes to their studies, attending school daily and on time, getting involved in activities, and choosing friends. Students who make the right choice and have a positive mindset will have great success at Sunset Junior! It is not always simple to keep students motivated, which is why we count on our parents’ for help. Parents, please:
- Make sure your child attends school every day and on time.
- Know what is required for your child to succeed in each of his/her courses
- Stay current with your student’s progress by using myDSD. If your child is in danger of failing, promptly make contact with the teacher.
- Follow us on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/sunsetjhs/ and on our webpage at: https://www.davis.k12.ut.us/Domain/6832
- Participate in school as a parent—Back-to-School Night, Parent/teacher conference nights, the PTA, and our Community Council.
- Talk to your child about having friends who are a positive influence in your child’s life.
The extent of parental involvement in your child’s school life is a major predictor of success– they need your guidance and support! 2018-19 promises to be an extraordinary year!
Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns. My door is always open!
Mr. Jonathan Gochberg—M.F.A., M.Ed.
Sunset Junior High School